Saturday, July 10, 2010

Early Jog @ MacRitchie Reservoir Park

Slept at 1am last night but managed to wake up at 7:30am. You'll wonder why I like to wake up early even though it is Saturday. If I were to answer you, "I don't know, might be because of biological clock that always wake me up before 7:30am or might be because my stomach was complaining for hungriness"

I walked for 15 minutes and headed towards bus station that situated outside of Blk 324 @ Ang Mo Kio ave 3. Boarded bus 74 and and it took me just 10 minutes to reach the bus stop which is opposite to MACRITCHIE RESERVOIR
.

The air at 9am was refreshing and I can't wait to start running ^_^. I started with Chemperai Trail which is an easy and relaxing walk as it is mostly on boardwalk from start to finish, skirting the edge of the reservoir. A short path cutting through the forested area leads you to the start of the trail. While running along the trail, noticed that I was on my way to HSBC Tree Top (which is 5km in distance). I made a 'U-turn' at the 2km point so that it'll be around total 10km in distance for my jogging.

Hightlights:
1) Beautiful vies of the reservoir against the backdrop of dense rainforest.
2) Sights of native creatues of the forest.
3) Occasional glimpses of native birds and monkeys.

I made 2 mistakes for today's jog which was I forgot to bring another new dry shirt so that I can change my wet shirt with it. Another was forgetting to bring a bottle of water which is for drinking after the jog. x_X

Overall, I enjoyed today's jog as this was the 1st time that I can jog for 10km in nonstop. A big CLAP for myself ^_^.

Getting There

By Bus

Take bus nos. 52, 74, 93, 130, 132, 156, 157, 162, 165, 166, 167, 852, 855 or 980. Alight along Lornie Road at the bus-stop in front of MacRitchie Reservoir Park.

By Car

Entrance to the MacRitchie Reservoir Park car park is along Lornie Road.

By MRT

Nearest MRT station at Marymount MRT (Circle line) located 2km away from MacRitchie Reservoir Park.



MacRitchie Reservoir Park_1264558708

No comments:

Post a Comment