Thursday, June 24, 2010

Race Against Cancer

Later will go to Wisma Atria to collect Race Pack that is worth more than $200? Don't really like those vouchers which I won't have chance to utilise it. x_X
- New Balance Race Tee
- New Balance Discount Voucher
- Body Wellness complimentary voucher – massage or treatment worth $108
- Donut Empire discount voucher
- KBox discount voucher
- Nick & Vin Autoshine discount voucher
- Jacob’s Oatmeal biscuits
- Wild Wild Wet or Escape Theme Park discount voucher
- World of Sports complimentary voucher
- Banana Boat Sunscreen
- Race Pack Recyclable Bag

So far, I had just participated in Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009 and 100 Plus PAssion Run 2010 (25km)。Even though the running distance for both previous runs are not identical, I enjoyed both runs.

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009 was my 1st run in my life and it ignited my passion for running. I managed to finish the run in 1:15:38. Whereas 100 Plus Passion Run tested my perseverance and endurance as I have to finish the 25km-run within 4-hour time in order to get the finisher Tee. I told myself, I must try my very best to finish the 25km run within 4-hour time as finisher Tee is my ultimate goal for this run. Without getting the finisher Tee, it will be a failure to me. In the end, I did manage to finish the run with in 3:34:46. As a result, I experienced my first-ever leg cramp in life as well. x_X

For the forthcoming Race Against Cancer run, only 5km and 7.5km running categories are available. If this is a normal running event, I won't be participating (because you have to wake up early, travel for 1 hour to reach the starting point for the run and this is time-consuming, yet the running distance is just 7.5km). I believe the event organizer shorten the distance from last year's 10km to this year's 7.5km is to attract more runners to participate in this meaningful run. I registered for this event ($38 registration fee) to show my support to The Singapore Cancer Society (a community-based voluntary health organisation dedicated to minimizing the impact of cancer through public education, screening, patient services, financial assistance, research and advocacy ). I hope every participant will enjoy this charity run ^_^.

After 'Race Against Cancer', will be 'Yellow Ribbon Prison Run'. ^v^

No comments:

Post a Comment